Monday, April 12, 2010

Being brave takes practice...

Driving in the car is such an insightful time between parent and child. The other day we were driving along when Anasten informed me that she did not want her bike, she wasn't going to ride it, and we could sell it. When asked why she informed me that she was too afraid. She didn't want to fall, and she was too afraid of her bike, thus the following:

Mom: This reminds me of Daniel in the bible. Remember when he was put in the lions den, how do you think he felt?

Anasten: Very afraid..horrified!

We continued to work through the story and the outcome...

Mom: what does that story tell us about God and Daniel?

Anasten: God always is in charge, He is all powerful, He protects us. Daniel had great faith and was very brave.

a little impressed with her answer (bragging:)

Mom: So what does that story teach us about our bike...

Anasten: That I should be brave and faithful, don't worry I will when I get bigger, Daniel was almost 100, being brave takes practice!

Yeah that didn't go as planned!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! I forgot to tell you what she said while we were watching the chipmunks movie.
    One of the chipmunks says, "I'm the king of the world!"
    Anasten: "Only God and Jesus are king."

    Your daughter is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being brave does take practice! Anasten is way too smart for her age:) You've done a good job Lanie! What a cutie. -Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so witty. Good luck to you and Josh in a few years.

    ReplyDelete