Luke's birthday did not go by without a bang! We love birthdays and celebrating the special occasion with everyone we love is so fun for us. We ended up having two parties. Luke's birthday weekend was the Lotoja bike race in which we had friends racing. So we postponed his party and had a family party. We went camping up Southfork Canyon with the Hicks and Holbrook families. It was a great, dirty, fun time! Luke and I didn't make it through the night, it got to cold and we couldnt sleep. We took a car and drove home to our own beds. We are fair weather campers. The following weekend marked the "cowboy and cowgirl" party. The guests were decked out with overalls, hats, bandanas! No farmyard party is complete without feeding ducks, hotdogs, and the most famous Valley boat races. Each child made one or many boats out of fruit and vegetables. Flags were molded out of toothpicks, lettuce, apple peels. It was a "whatever goes" event. Just as boat races always go there is a drop off and a finish line. There is lots of running up and down the ditch to see if a particular boat makes it to the finish line. It was a great time that I believe all of the kids, (and dads) will remember for a very long time. Thanks to everyone who helped make Luke's birthday special!
Wow! I can't believe it's been a year already! Now I can't wait 'til Jane turns one! What a great day :)
ReplyDelete