Today is the one year anniversary of my grandma passing away. It is hard to see how time goes by, but she was 85 and had a long wonderful life. Though there are parts of me that are sad today, mostly I am at peace that she had a wonderful life and died peacefully. I wish so much that I could hug her and get a foot tickle.
10 things I miss about my Mimi, (not in any order)
1. Getting and giving feet tickles.
2. The way she lived for my homemade clam chowder and would freeze it in little sections to make it last a long time.
3. Her hands..what can I say I loved everything about them.
4. The way she listened intently.
5. The way she stayed up until 3 or 4 in the morning and slept til 1:)
6. The way she loved ladies luncheons and shopping dates.
7. The way she loved all of her little great grandchildren. She would clap for their tricks for hours!
8. The way she loved butter, cream, anything yummy and fattening. She said nothing was the same without butter.
9. The way she wrote letters and cards to make me feel good for everything, (and always wrote them in the middle of the night.)
10. The way she lived to have fun and love everybody she met, what an extraordinary lady!
Bonus:
11. The way she HATED Walmart, and Kroger brand. I think of her everytime I use either. She was very passionate about Walmart, Kroger brand, and politics! heehee
You are very missed Mimi:)
Silence.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment